When we put this trail together, we had a feeling one event may cause us some issues. Originally scheduled for April 10, we moved the Lake Hopatcong event to July 17 to avoid travel and public gathering restrictions, which we anticipated would be an obstacle that early in the year.
Unfortunately, despite Brian’s and Danny’s best efforts, we were unable to secure a permit for Lake Hopatcong.
We know a lot of you were looking forward to fishing that lake, especially since the KBF Trail Event scheduled to take place there last year had to be moved at the last minute. That was one of the main reasons we wanted to host an event there.
Looks like we’ll have to wait until 2022.
Anyway, we will be moving the July 17 event to another location. We won’t announce the lake until we have a permit in hand, but it is a great fishery.
This lake is farther north than Hopatcong by about two hours. Not what we wanted to do, but every lake in that area of New Jersey is either too small or it’s public drinking water and off limits to fishing, so we had no choice.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but hope you understand. This was simply beyond our control.
We don’t anticipate any issues with any of the other locations.
Reach out if you have any questions.